The Catacombs - 05/17/2023

 The Catacombs

This was a very easy day for me. The Catacombs was the only thing on our schedule for the day, so the morning, afternoon, and evening would be ours; yay! I got ready that morning, and went to coffee down the street. After that, I met up with a couple of friends and we walked through the Montparnasse cemetery. We were all in the same group to go to the Catacombs, so we snuck in some lunch beforehand. Finally going down, it was a weird, cold feeling. You expect there to be bones the second you step off the last step, but it really takes some time to see everything. Once you get to the part with all the remains, it's very claustrophobic. I went through about 3 stages while I was down there: fascination, disbelief, and horror. You walk and walk and walk, and there's still people. There got to a point where I just powered through because I couldn't be down there anymore. When I got out, I needed a couple minutes to recuperate. The rest of the day I spent in bed; the Catacombs completely exhausted me. 

The Catacombs 


Comments

Popular Posts