Normandy - 05/22/2023

Normandy

Another packed day! After a four hour bus drive, we arrived at the American Cemetery. To be there in real time was mind-boggling. It's a place you see in movies, not real life, right? I chose to walk and reflect by myself which was the only way I could do it. I had a great-grandfather that fought in WWII on Utah, basically the beach over which the experience even more surreal. As I looked over the sea of gravestones, my mind started to imagine figures at every plot. When we were done, we headed to a popular farm that make a typical Normandy Cider. We got right back on the bus to go to lunch, and explore a couple more sites. It was then getting late, and we made our journey back to the city. Normandy is definitely a place I need to explore for several days; more like weeks. 

American Cemetery

Farm

Old German Weapon

Church


Comments

Popular Posts